[LON-CAPA-users] Getting a message to appear with the "correct" statement.

Robley Light lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:54:36 -0400

When a student gets a problem correct, the following message shows:

"You are Correct. Computer's answer now shown above.
Your receipt is 491-88"

What tag should I use to get a message to appear at about the same place?
Does <solved> work?
Like this?

<solved>
Message
</solved>

Or should I use a block with a condition, and if so does one just use the
condition "solved".
<block condition="solved">
Message
</block>

How does one place this message?  Can it be interspersed with the correct
statement, i.e.

"You are correct.  Message.
Computer's answer now shown above.
Your receipt is 491-88"

I'm writing a problem where students are asked to find the density of a
series of metals.  When they get the density right, I want the following to
show:

You are correct. This metal is silver. (or whatever metal it was).

The idea is that they can then print this page and bring it to lab so they
have a list of densities that they will need for their lab experiment.  But
I don't want to give the identity away before they work the problem.

Any suggestions?  (I guess I could just generate a table that will show up
after all parts are solved and have them print that).

Robley Light

Robley J. Light                         Professor of Chemistry and
Biochemistry
Department of Chemistry          Phone:   (850) 644-3844
   and Biochemistry                   Email:  rlight@chem.fsu.edu
Florida State University             Fax:      (850) 644-8281
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4390    Home Page:
http://www.chem.fsu.edu/editors/rlight