[LON-CAPA-users] Filter Issues

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:53:48 -0600

Hi,

I thought I'd pass this along in hopes it might help alleviate some
frustration for someone else down the road.  I had a student who, when using
his home computer, could not submit answers.  He clicked on the "Submit"
button, but almost always got "This page cannot be displayed, there is an
error in the URL" messages from his browser when he submitted.  After lots of
consternation, we managed to track it down to his internet filter software of
the type which blocks pornography, etc.  He eventually was able to set it to
allow him to do his homework reasonable well, but until he finally came out
with that piece of information, it was quite a mystery.

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Lecturer, Department of Physics              Office:  Meyer Hall 326