[LON-CAPA-users] Function Response Answers

GARRETT, DONNELL MAZON lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:31:25 -0500

Hi

I noticed that in the code:

<formularesponse answer="$v0" samples="t@1:500#5"
format="2f*cos(2000*t)">
    <responseparam description="Numerical Tolerance" type="tolerance"
default=".5%" name="tol" />
    <textline size="25"/>
    <hintgroup>
    <startouttext /><endouttext />
    </hintgroup>
</formularesponse>

The format="2f*cos(2000*t" gives me a very good looking answer that
students can see after they have answered the question correctly.
However, my problem is when there is a phase..   eg 25*cos(2000*t +
7)...   using this format string, the answer will show as
"25.00*cos(2000*t)

Is there a way to format both the magnitude and the phase in a function
response problem?  Or can I only format the first number that lon-capa
comes across?