[LON-CAPA-users] Function Response Answers

Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:52:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi Donnell,

> I noticed that in the code:
>
> <formularesponse answer="$v0" samples="t@1:500#5"
> format="2f*cos(2000*t)">
>
> The format="2f*cos(2000*t" gives me a very good looking answer that
> students can see after they have answered the question correctly.

This is entirely accidental and unsupported and is way it acts, at
best, oddly.

(In fact no longer has any positive effect in upcoming version 2.1)

Are you mainly interested in causing the numbers in the equation
to be formatted?

Or would you also/instead prefer me to do display the equation as
<algebra> would do it?

(For example take a look at <algebra>25*x^2*cos(2000*t + 7)</algebra>)

> Is there a way to format both the magnitude and the phase in a function
> response problem?  Or can I only format the first number that lon-capa
> comes across?

&format() (and &prettyprint()) right now only support pure numbers
and chemical reactions, I could add in support for formulas.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-2-0-27,137