[LON-CAPA-users] loncapa forgetting submissions?

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:49:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi Todd,

> I'm guessing that the "View Recent Activity. . ." link is a 1.3.x
> feature?

Correct.

> There's bunches of stuff in /var/log/httpd/access_log, but I don't see
> anything there to positively identify one student over another.

You can do by Ip address, the IP address to student is using is logged
in the activity.log file in the students userdir.

> I've also
> looked in /home/httpd/perl/logs/ , but again, I don't see many entries that
> specify actual users.  Is there someplace else I can look?

The incredibly unreadable

/home/httpd/lonUsers/domain/c/i/d/cid/activity.log file

I think it would be easier to upgrade to 1.3 then try to read this
file. And I know what it is trying to say. :-)

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-2-9-