[LON-CAPA-users] loncapa forgetting submissions?

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:11:45 -0500 (EST)

David,

While it's a bit late for this, one of the things you ask them for is the
receipt numbers. These numbers are randomly chosen for each problem for
each student (multiple part problems have the same receipt for each
problem). These could be used to verify if they ever got to a correct
answer.

Things like this can and have happened when problems are republished with
different part ids, but then you'd have a lot more people screaming.

I'm not sure what the mechanism is for a slow connection failure. If the
student got the green box, the server now has the information. If it's an
access server it gets passed on to the library server independent of where
they log in from.

One could dig through the files to see when exactly the student logged in
and when they had submissions, but this takes poking around in the system.

Later,
Mark