[LON-CAPA-users] connection issue re library server

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 08:39:52 -0700

Jim,

I've seen similar issues before, typically traced to peer-to-peer sharing
software.  LON-CAPA makes extensive use of re-directed web pages.  For
technical reasons I don't understand, apparently some sharing software such
as kazaa and the like wreak havoc on these redirects.  If she recently
installed, or upgraded similar software that could be the issue.  There have
been some threads on this in the past, but I can't find them at the moment.

Todd