[LON-CAPA-users] publish/unpublish all problems in a directory

Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:05:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi Jay,

> > Is there any quick way to publish all resources in a given directory
> > with the same access rights. For example, I currently have a directory
> > that contains resources which are published public, private, domain,
> > etc. I would like to republish all of them so that they are public.
> > How might I do that?
> >

> In Menu Mode:
>
> Under Actions for Current Subdirectory, there is an option to Edit
> Catalog Information.  This is will let you set default metadata to the
> directory you are viewing.  The metadata applies to all subdirectories
> in the folder recursively unless one of the subdirectories has its own
> catalog information defined.

And if you are doing 'Publish whole directory'

You get a list of possible options one of which is

- force directory level catalog information over existing

And if the directory catalog information defines the access rights,
you will achieve your goal.

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137