[LON-CAPA-users] Parameter for username

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:20:44 -0700

Hi Mark

lucasm@ohiou.edu wrote:
> I AM aware of a mode whereby you can send a general message to all
> students, and then upload a file that has specific messages for each
> student. It will only send lines that have the username for that student
> to that student (and only send messages to those students in the file).
>
> For example:
>
> jensen  Your username is jensen and password is PhysPhun.
> lucas   Your username is lucas and password is PhyzRlz

This is indeed the functionality I'm looking for. Currently I publish
all my students' usernames on a web page outside loncapa, and tell them
that their password is the last 4 digits of their SSN. It would be nice
to be able to mail them this information to their campus email from the
loncapa COM email. Your method looks like it would work, but seems to be
more trouble than what I'm already doing.

Let's hear what Guy has to say...

Thanks for your suggestion.

Lars.