[LON-CAPA-users] Parameter for username

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:42:58 -0400 (EDT)

I presume we're all waiting for a response from Guy on this one 8)  I
don't know of any substitution there.

I AM aware of a mode whereby you can send a general message to all
students, and then upload a file that has specific messages for each
student. It will only send lines that have the username for that student
to that student (and only send messages to those students in the file).

For example:

jensen  Your username is jensen and password is PhysPhun.
lucas   Your username is lucas and password is PhyzRlz

would send out specific messages to each user with the user-specific lines
in it.

Does this help?

Mark