[LON-CAPA-users] Parameter for username?

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:34:23 -0700

Hi,

When broadcasting  a message with COM to the class, it is sometimes
useful to refer to a students username in the body of the message. Is
there a variable that one can include in the body of the message that
will expand to the lon-capa username of the recipient when the message
is sent?

(If there is, this is a great way to get lon-capa login info to students
before the semester begins.)

Lars.

Stuart Peter Raeburn wrote:
> Hi all,
> An updated gnuplot package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux installations is
> now available at:
> http://install.loncapa.org/redhat/linux/enterprise/loncapa/4ES/i386/gnuplot_
> loncapa-4.0.0-4.i386.rpm
> System administrators of LON-CAPA servers running RedHat Enterprise
> Linux 4 will need to replace the existing gnuplot package with this
> updated package.
> Stuart Raeburn
> MSU LON-CAPA development/support
> Guy Albertelli II writes:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>>> Anybody else experiencing problems when using dynamically generated
>>> plots
>>> with v2.0 of loncapa?
>>

>> This looks like it was a problem with the Redhat Enterprise Linux
>> gnuplot. And not with lon-capa...
>>

>>> Symptoms:
>>> Dynamically generated plots do not show up on the screen. I can see the
>>> placeholder for the plot and a little red x (with IE) that normally
>>> results
>>> from either an unrecognized graphics type, or the graphics file not
>>> being