[LON-CAPA-users] disabling PRT

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:52:47 -0700

Hi Todd,
               The endgame is this:

Running online quizzes; only one try each question;  for some problems there
are always issues with the PRT and therefore I just don't want to be bothered
with it (for example problems with multiple in-line textline boxes inside a
table and with images).  In this particular instance we are already
discouraging the students from printing.  Hiding the PRT option would simplfy
this and make problem creation less tedious.  A possible practical solution
is to hard code in a "No PRT" argument to the <problem>?  The reason I say
this is because if they really are unprintable then we don't really want
anyone printing them.

The question is: "Should all resources be functional wrt to PRT? or is there a
category of resources which could be intended as web-only."
  Which makes me realize that I could have coded everything inside <web>
</web>tags, but it was not obvious to me at the time that this is what I
would always want (nor is it now).

On the other hand allowing people to switch off PRT from within PARM would
allow all users to decide whether they want PRT available in their course
resources.

Comments?

Ray