[LON-CAPA-users] Three questions- extra buttons, resetting quizzes, and scrolling

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:54:31 -0600

Quoting "Olson, Gary" <golson@eicc.edu>:

> 3)  The PARM information is useful and does solve the issue of allowing
> the student to change answers.  Still it is my understanding that the
> "tries" is how many times a student submits an answer to a problem by
> clicking the "Submit Answer" button  -- my mistake calling it "Save".
> Is there a way of controlling how many times a student can actually go
> into a particular page that has the problems?  I want the student to be
> able to access the pages for the quiz only once but I don't really care
> how many times the student changes an answer before they close or submit
> the quiz as a whole.  If I allow only one time access, however, then
> occasionally a student has a problem and I need to allow them to take
> the whole quiz again.  So their previous answers and score need to be
> removed.  What's my best option?

I think an answer here might be another of the PARMs, Time-Limit.  I haven't
used it, but this is designed to allow the student to work on a resource for a
specific amount of time once they open it.  It's not exactly access "only once"
but it does limit the time between accesses.

If you need to simply give the quiz again, you should be able to re-open it on
an individual basis.

Todd