[LON-CAPA-users] Three questions- extra buttons, resetting quizzes, and scrolling

Olson, Gary lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:43:31 -0500

Thanks for your prompt and lengthy -- and helpful -- response.  I
appreciate your help.

1)  I will suggest that in future versions they (LON-CAPA) make those
buttons optional.  Perhaps there is some less distracting way of noting
when a particular resource comes from other creator(s).

2)  Multiple pages is the answer for my situation then since I want the
students to save their answers frequently should their connection fail.

3)  The PARM information is useful and does solve the issue of allowing
the student to change answers.  Still it is my understanding that the
"tries" is how many times a student submits an answer to a problem by
clicking the "Submit Answer" button  -- my mistake calling it "Save".
Is there a way of controlling how many times a student can actually go
into a particular page that has the problems?  I want the student to be
able to access the pages for the quiz only once but I don't really care
how many times the student changes an answer before they close or submit
the quiz as a whole.  If I allow only one time access, however, then
occasionally a student has a problem and I need to allow them to take
the whole quiz again.  So their previous answers and score need to be
removed.  What's my best option?

Thanks again.

Gary