[LON-CAPA-users] comparing submitted answer with ..

Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:56:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi Jim,

> Hi Guy -- Back in May, you explained how to use the &ext() function to
> make multipart problems.  I've used it in a couple of sequences.  Now, I
> am trying to figure out how to carry values from one problem to another
> problem.

This is at best difficult and fraught with errors.

The problem is to ask about a nother problem you will need to know
what we internally refer to the resource as.

Which will be something like

mapurl___resourcemapid___resourceurl
(We refer to this internally as the 'symb' of the resource, don't ask why)

And will be different everytime you include the problem inside of a
course.

You can set the 'mapalias' PARM on the resource you want to ask about
so that it is easier to ask about them.

Tehn one you know the symb or the mapalias name of the item you want
to ask about you can do

&EXT('user.resource.resource.<partid>.solved',<symb or mapalias>);

But this does make the problem in question highly un reusable, this
intra problem logic is likely done best done in a map.

Perhaps telling me a bit more about what you are trying to do might be
helpful.

> Would this be the same as constructing a conditional sequence?

I think it is likely that this is probably what you should be doing.

Conditional sequences will probably work in Lon-CAPA 1.3 but
absolutely don't work in Lon-CAPA 1.2

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-