[LON-CAPA-users] comparing submitted answer with ..

Jim Maxka lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:12:07 -0700

Hi Guy -- Back in May, you explained how to use the &ext() function to
make multipart problems.  I've used it in a couple of sequences.  Now, I
am trying to figure out how to carry values from one problem to another
problem.

I assume that the difference from the code in the multipart problem
shown here:

$status=&EXT('user.resource.resource.Enter_A_Number.solved');

and passing values between problems would be to name the resource explicitly (or maybe even resource.resource explicitly).  Is there any documentation on this?
Would this be the same as constructing a conditional sequence?
Thanks --jim