[LON-CAPA-users] decompress

lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 27 May 2004 16:50:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am uploading a zip file hoping that it will decompress under
construction space.

The file is uploaded. I then select decompress. It asks if I really want
to do this, then it 'does it'. The output of the decompress command is
empty, and the files have not been extracted.

What command is it trying to use? Why might it be failing?
What rpms should I look for? Any command line tests I can do to make sure
I have the right stuff installed?

Lastly, does this work only with zip files, or does it also work with tar
files?

Thanks!
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701