[LON-CAPA-users] accessing timestamps in problems

Flammer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 27 May 2004 13:49:34 -0600 (MDT)

Thanks Guy,

> But once again if this is do interval based time control, I really
> really really really urge not to do this.

> I got about 70% of the functionality done last night. It _will_ be in
> 1.2

> If it is for someother functionality, I am curious to know what it is,
> it might be easy for me to extend how an existing tag already works.

We need something to do online exams for the late summer session.  This
will be an interim solution until it is functional under LONCAPA, but all
we will be doing is using the time stamp to decide whether or not the
text of the problem will be shown (the problem text doesn't appear until
they submit an initial dummy question and 30 minutes after they submit
their first answer, the problem will dissappear).  It won't meddle with
any data on LONCAPA, so I think that it shouldn't be a problem. As soon
as we get a question working like this we will post the code so that you
can take a look at it, and others can use it if they want.  Thanks again
for all the help.

David