[LON-CAPA-users] exams on lon-capa

Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:40:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi David,

> We are making exams on lon-capa to print out and have students enter
> answers on a bubble sheet.  There are some concerns with numerical
> response problems whose answers are identically zero.  All the multiple
> choice answers show up as zero.  I think this is because the algorythm for
> calculating the incorrect answers adds or subtracts a small percent of the
> correct answer.  In the case of zero, all the answers are therefore zero.

Yep.

> Is there a way to set your own incorrect answers?

Yes. As of 1.1

The quick explanation is you need to provide an array of incorrect
values to the <numericalresponse> throught the 'incorrect' attribute.
You need to provide at least as many incorrects as 1 less then the
number of bubbles on the exam. You can provide more if you want to.

(in Edit mode there should be an 'Incorrect Answers:' field you can
fill in)

Minimal example problem:

<problem>
  <script type="loncapa/perl">
    $answer=1;
    @incorrects=(2,3,4,5,6,7,8);
  </script>
  <startoutext />
    Correct answer is 1. <br />
  <endouttext />
  <numericalresponse answer="$answer" incorrect="@incorrects">
    <textline />
  </numericalresponse>
</problem>

Let me know if any this fails to work for you.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-4-3-