[LON-CAPA-users] Recycled Course Syllabus

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:22:42 -0600

Yes, I mean cloned.  If we delete, and then re-add the syllabus, though,
we'll have to type everything in again, won't we? (or at least
copy/paste)  That's what we were trying to avoid.

Also, if the syllabus is linked, it sounds like if *changes* are made to
the cloned syllabus (not deleting and re-creating) that then also change
the syllabus of the course from which it was cloned? If so, I would call
this a bug.

Seems like for a cloned course, things like syllabi and bulletin boards
maybe should be physically copied, rather than linked.  That way a
"Fresh" empty bulletin board of the same name would be created (Maybe
this does happen.  I don't ususally use bulletin boards), and a fresh,
unique copy of the syllabus not attached to other courses.

Todd

--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Lecturer, Department of Physics		Office: Meyer Hall 326