[LON-CAPA-users] Recycled Course Syllabus

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:58:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Todd,

> The problem is the header of the syllabus still reads the old course
> name, and doesn't seem to pick up the Course Description parameter.  Can
> I get in there and change it by hand?  I've tried parsing the url,
> attempting to match it to a file, but haven't had much luck.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Delete the syllabus from the course, and readd add it.

(You'll see the large number in the middle of the syllabus change.)

The url tells the syllabus handler which course the syllabus is for it
then reads the data from a syllabus database in the courses' home dir.

The problem here is when you 'recycled' (did you mean clone? or are
you reusing a published sequence?) the URL didn't change and thus it
is still points to another course's data.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-9-