[LON-CAPA-users] republishing with major changes , a problem currently used in course

Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:06:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi Michael,

> we used a two-part problem in our course that confused some students,
> and by its nature, only allowed a single try (it was an optionresponse)
> on each part.
> I rewrote the problem as a four-parter, the two new parts are
> numerical and have multiple tries, the thought being if they can
> get the numerical part, they should be able to do the optionresponse
> part correctly in a single try.  The new parts were inserted into
> positions 1 and 3.
>
> Now we would LIKE to republish this four-part version of the problem
> and add it to a NEW folder in the same course, to give the students
> another shot at this problem.
>
> My question is, what will happen to the records of students entries
> on the existing version of the problem that has already been used?

If you have not changed the part ids on the two 'old' parts then what
will occur is it will look like the students will have two parts they
never attempted (the two new ones), and the two old parts will stay the same
(correct/incorrect/untried)

If you changed the partids on the old ones then depending on how you
changed them, some parts might still look like they used, some of the
new parts might look like they inherited the old status from a
different part, or credit might disappear.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-5-3-