[LON-CAPA-users] republishing with major changes , a problem currently used in course

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:58:56 -0500

On Nov 3, 2003, at 3:43 PM, Michael T Hamlin wrote:

> I dont want to leave published
> things lying around that I have no intention of using, and wouldnt
> want anyone else to use either, since a much improved problem has
> been produced.

That's why we have introduced "obsolete".

> So... back to the original question: will Bad Things happen?

If you remove the problem from the original location in the course, and
nobody else uses it: no.

If you leave the problem in its original location: yes.

So as a general rule, we discourage major structural changes to
existing problem, and encourage making use of obsolete.

- Gerd.