[LON-CAPA-users] republishing with major changes , a problem currently

Michael T Hamlin lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:55:23 -0500 (EST)

> If you have not changed the part ids on the two 'old' parts then what
> will occur is it will look like the students will have two parts they
> never attempted (the two new ones), and the two old parts will stay the same
> (correct/incorrect/untried)
>
> If you changed the partids on the old ones then depending on how you
> changed them, some parts might still look like they used, some of the
> new parts might look like they inherited the old status from a
> different part, or credit might disappear.

okay that qualifies as Bad Things, as I feared.  I will publish under
a new name.  I have a suggestion on how to avoid this kind of thing,
a better way to handle versioning from the course supervisor's
standpoint.  Give me a day or two to write it clearly and I'll
post it.

thanks,

michael