[LON-CAPA-users] republishing with major changes , a problem currently used in course

Michael T Hamlin lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:43:19 -0500 (EST)

> I would encourage to publish the new version of the problem under a
> different name - you have basically created a new problem. In an
> upcoming version of LON-CAPA, you can mark the old problem "obsolete"

If you tell me that Bad Things will happen with course records
when the current version of a problem no longer matches the structure
of those records, then of course this is the path to take.

But I don't like to litter; meaning, I dont want to leave published
things lying around that I have no intention of using, and wouldnt
want anyone else to use either, since a much improved problem has
been produced.

So... back to the original question: will Bad Things happen?

michael