[Lon-capa-users] + signs

Mark Lucas lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:51:48 -0500 (EST)

Guy,

	Has there ever been a case where + signs get stripped from student
answers?????

	I have translated the magnetic fields vector problem. It requires
the solution as a string of directions '+z-x+y'. I'm finding that all
students have plus signs stripped from their answers.

	It works fine under the construction space, but it doesn't seem to
work under student usage.

	If this is indeed broken for me, I now need to figure out how to
excuse this problem en masse. What is the appropriate mode for that
currently?

						Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm@ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701