[LON-CAPA-dev] Future Directions Meeting

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:28:33 -0400

Hello,

These are the bugs I voted for.  The starred ones have two votes:
1243    Automatic regrade of problems
*2621    cloning course copies open dates and ANSWER DATES
*2702    numerical response parameters for computer generated wrong
answers
2965    cloned course should do some clean-up when copying PARM settings

3451    need system in place to help documentation writer
3611    ability to grade by code
3765    DC select any author role
4453    need a way to handle ID changes

> * Better and more consistent look
>   - seems silly, but needed
>   - continuing CSS efforts

I spoke with Jeff about this and asked if he had any suggestions about
the look and feel of LON-CAPA.  He said that if we can narrow down the
interface to just a few screen designs, then someone could make some CSS
skins for each of those.  Therefore, in the next couple of months I
would suggest continuing the CSS efforts and try to make things look
more consistent to what is already there.  For example, the initial
PARM, ENRL, and STAT screen all look similar.  That same style could be
applied to other initial screens like GRDS.  To make things look better,
someone would just need to make skins (i.e. style sheets) for "index
screens" and other screen categories.  I think making things look better
shouldn't be considered just yet.  This is something we can work on
after we actually figure out what screen categories we have and make
them consistent.  We could then use real data gathered from usability
and design techniques such as card sorting and our previous usability
studies to guide our designs.

Felicia