[LON-CAPA-dev] 2.2+ meeting
Guy Albertelli II
Tue, 2 May 2006 17:21:08 -0400 (EDT)
Sorry, I apparently forgot about sending this out post the meeting.
Results from the future directions meeting and Bridge Task needs meeting.
Decided that priority ordering from previous meeting was still good
1 - Guy - BT even more less appendixy (grading queue, slots (multiple open/due))
2 - Guy - presentation layer separation work
3 - Stuart - Discussion groups (similar to Angel) where a Group
really is a course with everything just renamed.
(renaming of Course -> Group
Course Coordinator -> Group Coordinator etc.)
- sectionesque (user can belong to multiple groups, normal PARM etc
limitations that apply to sections also apply to all
groups user belongs too, basically it's
like a user has multiple sections)
- 'sub course' grouping ( a group has a mini internal
course associated with it, a sepearete
discussion area, portfolio area, chat area, etc.)
4 - Guy - in PGRD (grade an entire sequence) ability to specify the
CODE that user had seen.
5 - Stuart - fine grained cloning choices
6 - Guy - searching portfolio metadata (stu/intsr)
- portfolio access controls
7 - Guy - students can see their previous submissions
8 - Rick - instructors can return a file as part of the grading process
9 - Stuart - track instructor for (PARM change log particularly)
10 - Stuart - student - roles screen enhancement
(possibly show future? and hide expired?)
11 - Guy - better things than Exam Upload perhaps new chunk to GRDS
for displaying external grading info
12 - Guy - making it easier to change usernames
13 - Guy - multiclick image response
14 - Stuart - student initiated eamil based password changing
15 - Stuart - Camtasia training session help files for things that people want
?? - Gerd - clicker grant
16 - Guy - QTI
17 - Gerd - sequences with 'random order' to resources
18 - everyone - better 'snapshot' of what a student has done in a course
(problems done.. posts made.. mails sent... login times...)
Awaiting the Usability study ----
- Usability suggestion enhancments from student -> might result in a need for:
more info to the student about what affects them and what they can do....
possibly outside of courses...
- Lon-capa time in menu mode somehow...
- simple problem plagerism
- conditionals - stop punishing the student
Gerd - implement accessibility changes
------ Bridge Task needs:
For immeadiate need:
- install condition changes on s*
- change text Done -> 'Next Item', Stop -> 'Quit Grading', Cancel -> add to regrade
- support the needed JS & CSS
- add 'section specific slots'
- PGRD needs to support display of BT grading history
- TA's need to be prioritized to grade users not in any of their sections
- don't allow grade of users without a checkout of a BT
- separation of PGRD from 'queue grading'
- CSV upload of parameters
- estimate difficulty of reformulating the <task> xml...
- queue grading should be able to do any queue entry at all
- add ability to change the text associated with the general fdbk locations
- switch to radio button (so they can only send to a single location)
- keep the user specified title
------ not for 2.2 ------
- easier assigned seating for exam mode
- DC -> choose any author
- Education style - cohorts --
- /OR - <nr> <fr> <sr> --- <o/r/m/rb/r> --- xml style on this
- lonindexer too long
- UTF support in printing
- plagrisms check on more than pure text
- instructor specified units
- <drawimage> print support
- exam image -> radomlabel
- tag to formalize and simplify the process of getting information from
the user that is later used in the HW
- .rights in source avail