[LON-CAPA-dev] loncom /automation batchcreatecourse.pm

H. K. Ng lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:18:11 -0500

Hi Stuart,

>(b) A course request form (which includes authentication and authorization)
>generates the XML files containing course descriptions.

Is there an existing form where one can try this out. Here at fsu, an
instructor requests a course from a well established web-site. Currently,
the instructor has the option to request a BB course or a web-MC course. I
like to have lon-capa added as one of the option. Now since the instructor
has to sign in to get to this request form, the username and course or
courses he/she is teaching will then be passed on to the lon-capa course
request form. If this form resides on the library server, then the course
info can be saved directly to /home/httpd/perl/tmp/addcourse/$dom/pending
after which the Autocreate.pl can take over.

-hk