[LON-CAPA-dev] Conditional branching and 1.99.2

Guy Albertelli II lon-capa-dev@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:59:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mark,

> I have a series of folders in a test course. The last two are:
> Experimental Sequences
> and Exam Scores
>
> Experimental sequences has an experimental math sequence in it with a
> conditional link.
>
> Exam scores has another folder (exam1) with an exam upload resource.
>
> When the Experimental sequence is first (and the condition does not seem
> to be met), the exam scores folder does not show up for my student role.
>
> When the Exam Scores folder is before the experimental sequences, the exam
> score folder DOES show up for my student role.
>
> Odds are there's an error in the condition, but (1) should this kill
> the rest of the NAVMAP and (2) has anyone used working conditions with 1.99.X?

Sounds to me like things are workign correctly and you haven't built
the map correctly.

For instance

A - Exp.
B - Exam
1 - condition

If you have

Start -> A -> B -> End

And A is
Start -> ThingA -1-> ThingB -> End

Then what you really have is

Start ->  ThingA -1-> ThingB -> B -> End

And thus you can't see B, because there is no valid path to B that
doesn't involve the condition being true.

What you really want in your map is:

Start ---> A -----> End
       \      /
        -> B -

(You don't really want a linear map anymore...)

Or you want A it be:

Start --->  ThingA -1-> ThingB -> ---> End

--
guy@albertelli.com   0-7-2-3-27,137