[LON-CAPA-admin] Upgrading server hardware

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue May 17 17:50:34 EDT 2016

Lars,

If lond will not start I would recommend looking in
/home/httpd/perl/logs/lond_errors for error messages.

You would see an error here if you had customized
/home/httpd/lib/perl/localenroll.pm such that it now includes
dependencies on perl modules not present in the standard
LONCAPA-prerequisites list, and you have not yet installed the
module(s) on the new CentOS 7 instance (whereas the module(s) is/are
present on the original CentOS 5 instance).

Given that lonsql also has a call to use
/home/httpd/lib/perl/localenroll.pm the fact that lonsql also failed
to start would support the idea that you have a customized
localenroll.pm with unmet dependencies.  I would recommend looking in
/home/httpd/perl/logs/lonsql_errors for error messages also.

As regards mysql/mariadb you would have set a mysql root password when
you ran ./install.pl to prepare the new (CentOS 7) server for
LON-CAPA, i.e., the "Retrieve and execute LON-CAPA setup program"
action in step 5 of the standard LON-CAPA installation on CentOS 7

( http://install.loncapa.org/centos7_install.html )

so I doubt that is the issue here.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium