[LON-CAPA-admin] Upgrading server hardware

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue May 17 18:43:43 EDT 2016

Lars,

If the issue is not unmet dependencies from localenroll.pm then the
other thing that occurs to me that might be an issue is that the uid
and gid of the www user may be different between the old instance and
the new instance.

Depending on how you are copying /home from the old instance to the
new instance you might now have directories and files on the new
instance which should belong to www:www, but are instead owned by a
uid:gid which does not map to the www user on that new (CentOS 7)
instance.

If that is the case then after copying /home from the old to the new,
on the new instance you would then need to change the uid:gid for all
files owned by the uid:gid (assigned to www:www on the old instance)
to the uid:gid assigned to www:www on the new instance.

Use your favorite search engine to search for the phrase:

"How to Change a USER and GROUP ID on Linux For All Owned Files"

for advice on how to do that.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium