[LON-CAPA-admin] Upgrading server hardware

Lars ljensen at tmcc.edu
Tue May 17 17:25:44 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

So we did the upgrade and everything went smoothly up to the point
where I copied over the old /home/httpd directory. Before I did this
loncapa started up without errors. However after copying over /home,
lonsql and lond won't start. I suspect it is because I have forgotten
the old mysql root password, and it differs from the new mariadb root
password that I set when installing loncapa on the new server....

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks for any help,
Lars.

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Lars <ljensen at tmcc.edu> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We're currently running loncapa w/ CentOS 5 on an older server, and
> we're planning to upgrade the hardware and also upgrade to CentOS 7 at
> the same time. Is there more to it than moving /home over to the new
> server and following the instructions from install.lon-capa.org for
> CentOS 7? If so, are there instructions ?
>
> Thanks,
> Lars.

*Public Records Notice:* In accordance with Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS)
Chapter 239, this email and responses, unless otherwise made confidential
by law, may be subject to the Nevada Public Records laws and may be
disclosed to the public upon request.