[LON-CAPA-admin] Can't access user status pages

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Sun Feb 21 11:28:32 EST 2016

Bob,

I expect expiration of caches will have fixed this issue on
binghamtona6 by now, but if not ...

> ... The page it returns has the text 'Your
> cookie information is incorrect.' in the body of the page.

You will see that message if you attempt to access the user status
page outside of a authenticated session (e.g., using wget) from an IP
address that either (a) does not belong to one of your domain's
LON-CAPA servers, or (b) is not one of the IP addresses for which
access to the user status page has been specified in the domain
configuration for your domain.

> If I log onto loncapa6 and go to the  'Display/Edit Settings' page, the
> 'Specific ip's' field is blank. It is not blank if I do that on the other
> servers, it has the correct address in it.

That indicates that on binghamtona6 the current domain configuration
was not retrieved from the primary library server in in your domain
(i.e., binghamtonl1).

>        An error occurred saving access settings for server status pages:
> no_such_host.

That error message tells me that when binghamtona6 attempted to save
the domain configuration settings for the binghamton domain to the
primary library server in your domain (i.e., binghamtonl1), it failed
to obtain a hostname for that server. That is consistent with the
failure to retrieve the domain configuration information originally.

In the case of failure to retrieve a hostname, given a lonhostID, I
would recommend checking that the information cached in memcache on
binghamtona6 for the items:

dns%3a%2fadm%2fdns%2fdomain
dns%3a%2fadm%2fdns%2fhosts
iphost%3aiphost

look correct.

My 2/9/2015 post to this mailing list included a perl script which can
be run to dump the contents of memcached. See:
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2015-February/003005.html
.

If it's not correct you might look in
/home/httpd/perl/logs/lonmemcached_errors on binghamtona6 to see if
anything is logged there.

You can restart memcached on binghamtona6, either by restarting all
the LON-CAPA daemons using /etc/init.d/loncontrol restart, or by
restarting just  memcached, by retrieving the process ID (pid),
killing that pid, and then starting loncontrol, i.e.,

cat /home/httpd/perl/logs/lonmemcached.pid
kill <pid>
/etc/init.d/loncontrol start

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium