[LON-CAPA-admin] Can't access user status pages

Bob Gonzales rgonzal at binghamton.edu
Fri Feb 19 22:15:15 EST 2016

I can't access the user status page on one of my servers from a remote
machine.  The server that  is not allowing access is
loncapa6.chem.binghamton.edu.  The page it returns has the text 'Your
cookie information is incorrect.' in the body of the page.   I can access
it correctly from the command line on loncapa6.

I can access all of my other server's user status page.

The remote machine's that is requesting the pages was setup via the gui
'Display/Edit Settings' page.

If I log onto loncapa6 and go to the  'Display/Edit Settings' page, the
'Specific ip's' field is blank.  It is not blank if I do that on the other
servers, it has the correct address in it.  From loncapa6, if I try to set
it to any value then I get the following message:

       An error occurred saving access settings for server status pages:
no_such_host.

loncapa6 seems to be working OK.  I can log on an choose various roles and
do normal things.

The system files /etc/hosts, and /etc/resolv.conf match up with the other
servers.  The files in /home/httpd/lonTabs also seem consistent with the
same on the other access servers.

Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can check?

Thanks,
Bob Gonzales
Binghamton University
Chemistry Dept