[LON-CAPA-admin] Move users live to other access nodes

Abdel Messeh, Maged mmesseh at illinois.edu
Fri Mar 20 16:00:30 EDT 2015

Hi All,

We have a problem where occasionally one of our access nodes will get a very high number of apache processes, close to the max allowed in the configuration which is 150 which consumes most of the 6G memory that each access node has.

Most recently, I managed to catch one of those incidents and we had:
122 apache processes with total memory size of 4G, fortunately this one was only for about 5 min.

However, I had other cases where it lasted for about 1 hour.

I am wondering if there is a graceful way to force users off an access node when this happens?  Hence, when trying to login back they could be moved to another access node.

Many thanks,

Maged