[LON-CAPA-admin] Question about Case of Student IDs

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Dec 29 15:18:24 EST 2015

Mark,

> I think the transliteration of the ID is done in Enrollment.pm:

Yes, the line:
$enrollinfo{$uname}[ $place{'studentID'} ] =~ tr/A-Z/a-z/;

which you found in Enrollment.pm does indeed lowercase institutional
studentIDs when performing automated enrollment in LON-CAPA.

Detection of a username change for a student during automated
enrollment relies on catching where a particular studentID is used for
two different usernames -- the "old" username currently in the
LON-CAPA roster, and the "new" username not currently in the roster
(but now found in the institutional classlist).

(See:
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-users/2015-October/004957.html
)

Stuart Raeburn