[LON-CAPA-admin] Cookie problems but still switched?

Taylor, Matthew Matthew.Taylor at montgomerycollege.edu
Wed Jan 30 10:32:12 EST 2013

I have not seen problems with LON-CAPA, but then we have a VERY simple setup at the college.  What I have seen though is Safari, and indeed Mac OS X not allow write on redirection.  By this I mean that it will allow an initial server connection to write a cookie, or write a pointer in some file for a proxy service, but if it is then followed by a redirection it will not allow the NEW server to write, or it will ignore what it tries to write.  It usually seems security related.

Lately I have been having better luck with Firefox 10 ESR.

Sorry I can not offer more help.

Matthew Taylor
Systems Engineer
Montgomery College