[LON-CAPA-admin] more PCI compliance

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Sun Jan 27 22:13:30 EST 2013

Hi,

Item 1:

> Data Sent: GET /adm/css/index.php?dir=../../../../../../ HTTP/1.0

Given that a LON-CAPA server does not have php installed, I don't see
a problem with echoing the contents of LON-CAPA's standard css in
response to /adm/css/index.php.  However, the following change will
cause a blank page to be returned instead, in response to a request
for /adm/css/index.php

To eliminate this issue, as root use a text editor to modify line 1287
of /etc/httpd/conf/loncapa_apache.conf

replace:

<LocationMatch "^/adm/css">

with:

<LocationMatch "^/adm/css/.*\.css$">

then do:

/etc/init.d/httpd reload

Item 2.

> /adm/login?username=&domain=<SCRIPT>alert('SecurityMet
> rics')</SCRIPT> HTTP/1.0
> Data Received: codedom = "<SCRIPT>alert('SecurityMetrics')</SCRIPT>";

To eliminate this issue, as root use a text editor to modify line 640
of /home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/lonlogin.pm

replace:

     var codedom = document.client.udom.value;

with:

     var possdom = document.client.udom.value;
     var codedom = possdom.replace( new RegExp("[^A-Za-z0-9.\\-]","g"),'');

then do:

/etc/init.d/httpd reload

Please contact me via:
helpdesk at loncapa.org if you have any additional questions.

General note for all list subscribers ...
Both of these changes will be in the forthcoming LON-CAPA 2.11.0 release.

Stuart Raeburn
LON-CAPA Academic Consortium
helpdesk at loncapa.org