[LON-CAPA-admin] more PCI compliance

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Mon Jan 28 08:31:53 EST 2013

Hi,

Just a clarification before everyone starts to worry: these are not real security holes in LON-CAPA!

It's nice to be "PCI compliant," but

a) there is actually no reason for us to be - we do not handle Payment Card Industry data

b) the changes below are basically working around a trigger-happy piece of other software

But, whatever, now we are PCI compliant. These changes are very nice, in case in the future another network administrator decides to do an audit.

Also, a future version of LON-CAPA can now include credit card input and e-commerce features, so we can sell green boxes.

- Gerd.