[LON-CAPA-admin] server load

Lucas, Mark lucasm at ohio.edu
Fri Oct 26 09:57:07 EDT 2012

The server load is the system load average multiplied by 100.

If you use the top command you can see the load average at the top of the screen and you
may also gain some insight into the process or processes that are taking up CPU time.

There may be a background job running. You may also have some other 'runaway' process.
When I am running backups on a machine, the system load goes up even though the user
load is minimal.

Mark