[LON-CAPA-admin] Standalone Access Server

guzelmu at itu.edu.tr guzelmu at itu.edu.tr
Sun Oct 7 12:07:46 EDT 2012

Hello,

We have a standalone library server, which is active for one year, and
we would like to add an access server to it. We prepared a computer to
be the access server, installed operating system and LON-CAPA as
access server following the steps in the documentation. But we did not
created a domain controller on access server. (Do we need to?)

We changed the following files at both server to have information
about each other, and rebooted them.

- /home/httpd/lonTabs/dns_hosts.tab
- /home/httpd/lonTabs/hosts.tab

ourdomainl1:ourdomain:library:l1.loncapa.ourdomain.edu:http:ourdomain.edu
ourdomaina1:ourdomain:access:a1.loncapa.ourdomain.edu:http:ourdomain.edu

'service loncontrol status' command outputs "2 good connections" on
library server, however access server says that library server is
down. I cannot login using neither of them until reverting back the
changes in tab files.

I could not find any documentation about the subject. What should I do?

--
Onur Güzel
Istanbul Technical University