[LON-CAPA-admin] Standalone Access Server

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Sun Oct 7 12:51:32 EDT 2012

Hi,

An access server cannot host a domain coordinator, so you don't need to make one. All of the users need to have their homes on library servers.

Your approach to networking the two machines is correct. What do you have in dns_domain.tab domain.tab?

If the machines are not connecting, it may be a DNS or firewall issue. Make sure port 5663 is open, and that reverse DNS is working. If that is all okay, I would need data from lond.log and lonc.log on both machines for further analysis.

- Gerd.