[LON-CAPA-admin] Cannot start loncapa . . .

Todd Ruskell todd.ruskell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 22:18:01 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I recently attempted to upgrade loncapa from 2.10.0 to 2.10.1 on an access
server.  The update script appeared to work just fine.  But now, when I try
to start the loncapa services, this is what I get:

[root at lc1 loncapa-2.10.1]# /etc/init.d/loncontrol start
Opening firewall access on port 5663.
Starting LON-CAPA
Starting LON-CAPA client and daemon processes (please be patient)
lonmemcached      failed
lonsql            failed
lond              failed
lonc              failed
lonmaxima         failed
lonr              failed
[root at lc1 loncapa-2.10.1]#

And the logs don't seem to help much.  I'm guessing that somewhere some
permissions may have run amok, but I'm pretty stymied.  Any suggestions as
to where I should start to look?

Thanks,
Todd