[LON-CAPA-admin] domain coordinator cannot log in on new system

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Thu Aug 9 15:04:28 EDT 2012

Hi,

A clarification:

> But I'm not sure I would have thought that this was an obvious
> pointer to editing /home/httpd/lonUsers/bsu/b/s/u/bsudc/passwd :-/

There should never be a need to edit
/home/httpd/lonUsers/bsu/b/s/u/bsudc/passwd.

Accordingly, the information written to the install log file is most
definitely not intended to point you towards editing the passwd file
with a text editor. In this case the value of the logging is to let
you (and me) know whether /usr/local/sbin/pwauth was successfully
compiled.  There is no expectation that you should then need to edit
the contents of the DC users's LON-CAPA passwd file.

However, my purpose in suggesting doing so was to provide a workaround
(should you still be unable to get UNIX auth working in LON-CAPA), as
it would allow you to continue setting up your system, by providing
you with the ability to log-in to LON-CAPA via the web GUI, as the
bsudc user.

Stuart

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group