[LON-CAPA-admin] loncron error after 2.10 upgrade

Jana C Avery/FS/VCU jcavery at vcu.edu
Tue Aug 16 09:41:30 EDT 2011

Sorry if you get this twice...I think I had the email address wrong the
first time I sent it.
Jana Avery
Learning Systems, Technology Services
Virginia Commonwealth University

From:   Jana C Avery/FS/VCU
To:     lon-capa-admin-admin at mail.lon-capa.org
Date:   08/16/2011 08:54 AM
Subject:        loncron error after 2.10 upgrade

I upgraded our 3 production servers to 2.10.0 today (from 2.9.0) and ran
into one issue.  Whenever I ran "./loncron" I received the following:

Closing firewall access on port 5663.
No IP addresses required discontinuation of access.
Opening firewall access on port 5663.
Port already open for 127 IP addresses
ok
tail: cannot open `/etc/httpd/logs/access_log' for reading: Permission
denied
tail: cannot open `/etc/httpd/logs/error_log' for reading: Permission
denied
checking logs
lonmemcached    running
lonsql          running
lond            running
lond            reloaded
lonc            running
lonmaxima       running
lonr            running
checking buffers
lon-status webpage updated
Retrieving LON-CAPA version information
Reloading httpd:                                           [  OK  ]

"reloading httpd"...would eventually time out.

This error occurred on all 3 servers.  The owner of the log files is
"root".  We're running Linux RH5.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?  Is this critical?

Thanks!
Jana Avery
Learning Systems, Technology Services
Virginia Commonwealth University

security number or confidential personal information.  For more details
visit http://infosecurity.vcu.edu/phishing.html.