[LON-CAPA-admin] (no subject)

loncapa_admin loncapa_admin at johnabbott.qc.ca
Tue Dec 22 16:14:42 EST 2009

Hi, still working on upgrading our installation.

I've noticed that there is a rather annoying feature of Fedora 12 -- the kerberos libraries (1.7) have completely dropped support for kerberos 4.  Of course, this makes installation of the perl-Authen-krb4 package a far more frustrating endeavour.

While I think I'll be able to patch something together locally for now, I was wondering how many installations are using kerberos 4?  Are there any plans for it to be gracefully retired from LON-CAPA?

Cheers,
And best wishes for the holidays,

Michael Dugdale
Department of Physics