[LON-CAPA-admin] (no subject)

loncapa_admin loncapa_admin at johnabbott.qc.ca
Tue Dec 22 15:13:01 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm updating our servers in anticipation of the LON-CAPA 2.9 release.  Since we're running on unsupported architecture, I'm building the LON-CAPA specific RPMS from the source RPMs.

I'm having a little trouble building the R-phpSerialize RPM, though.  Some of the files (I think they're all documentation) aren't being installed and rpmbuild is failing.

Initially, the following files weren't building:

        - %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/R/library/phpSerialize/latex
        - %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/R/library/phpSerialize/man
        - %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/R/library/phpSerialize/CONTENTS
        - %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/R/library/phpSerialize/R-ex

By explicitly placing --latex and --example in the SPEC command line, the latex and R-ex files are produced.

But I'm still left with
        - %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/R/library/phpSerialize/man
        - %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/R/library/phpSerialize/CONTENTS
missing.

Am I okay to comment out the lines in the SPEC file that check for the generation of these files?  It would seem that R is pretty much in the backend, so it's unlikely that these files would ever be needed.

If it's not okay to skip this particular check, does anyone know how to force the creation of these documents?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers,
And Season's Greetings

Michael Dugdale