[LON-CAPA-admin] access server joining the cluster

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Mon Sep 22 11:25:37 EDT 2008

Bob,

You'll certainly need to send information (hostname/IP and lonHostID)
for your new access server to lon-capa at lon-capa.org so an entry can be
added to the hosts tables maintained on the library servers run by the
members of the LON-CAPA Academic Consortium.  Once the centrally
maintained tables are updated you'll be able to view resources in
other domains when logged into your new access server.

As regards ports ... inbound and outbound traffic to port 5663 needs
to be permitted if your new server is to able to view resources in
other domains, and if other servers in the cluster are to be able to
run sessions for users from your domain in cases where your server is
temporarily overloaded.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group