[LON-CAPA-admin] Quirky login issue

Jeffrey S Nugent/FS/VCU jsnugent at vcu.edu
Mon Mar 26 17:12:59 EDT 2007

We have been encountering some quirky login issues with our L-C servers
here. Some students who have successfully (and regularly) logged in to
LON-CAPA courses this semester are reporting that they occasionally cannot
access the system. They often receive the following message:

Information needed to verify your login information is missing,
inaccessible or expired. or another message that suggests their login
information cannot be verified.

I have not experienced the problem personally nor have I been able to
reproduce it...but it has been happening with a regularity that I am
growing uncomfortable with. When I go in as DC and reset the password it
seems to solve the problem.

Please let me know of other info that might be helpful in sleuthing this
one...any thoughts or clues would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

~Jeff

Jeffrey S. Nugent
Associate Director